Thursday, July 8, 2010

I am certainly loving the cool mornings we've been enjoying. I don't think they will last much longer...the temps should get up into the 90's this weekend. We've taken Adam into the pool a couple of times and he enjoys that a lot. We also have a little kiddie pool for our patio. The first one got popped on it's way out to the sidewalk to get rid of the water, so yesterday I bought a new one. This one is a red crab. Pictures to come of that I'm sure.

We celebrated the fourth of July with Ben and Jaclyn at the Rose Bowl in a private suite. Adam did really well and didn't even get freaked out by the noise at all. I thought they had a nice show there. While we waited for it to get dark, they entertained us with marching bands.

We've been getting more and more adventurous with what Adam eats and yesterday I made egg salad for all of us. I spread it on a piece of bread for him and cut it up into tiny pieces. That, along with pieces of cantaloupe , made for a very tasty lunch.
We've cut back on his bottles so that now he only gets 3 instead of 4 a day. Also, we've been slowly cutting back on the ounces so that the solid food becomes the main focus. It's strange to be doing that after struggling to get him to drink as much as possible in the beginning of his life.

Long-term, we are looking forward to seeing our families in the coming months. We'll visit San Jose to see Brian's parents in early August and we'll head up to Washington to see my family in September. We'll be going to the Puallup Fair while we're there. I haven't been in about 10 years and I'm so excited to be reacquainted with it and to introduce my boys to the fun.

Short-term, Adam and I have a Mom's Group to go to tomorrow up in Santa Clarita. We'll be swimming and having fun with the kids and the moms. I need to figure out what to make for dessert to bring. I'm thinking about something like this perhaps.

That's it for now. Love to you all.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

yay! you blogged!! How'd the cream puffs turn out?