Friday, March 12, 2010

blackmail pictures

Cute little toes!


I want to hold the camera, Mom! It looks tasty!


A tangle of limbs.


I love that face.


A well placed leg...


Today was a busy day with Adam and I going out to join our friends at the "Mom's Meeting." A group of young moms from church have organized a monthly get-together. It's hard on Adam's nap schedule. He fell asleep for ten minutes on the way home and then refused to continue sleeping once we got home. Oh well. I've got him conked out now.

While he was refusing to sleep, I decided to give him a bath. Upon undressing him in the crib, I decided he was too cute not to take some pictures of and thus I now have some good blackmail pictures. Unfortunately, he took his revenge early and took advantage of the fact that I had left him too long without his diaper on. He peed all over his bed. Thankfully, the bath was already prepared and the boy was already naked....so I just gingerly carried him to the bathroom.

After the bath and some more photos, he took his bottle and was so tired he almost fell asleep. It was decided that he would go straight to bed after eating and that is exactly what happened. This allowed me to start the laundry, including the pee sheets. I also sat down to read an excellent article on the history of the church I grew up in, written by my sister for her history of Tacoma class. If you have 15 minutes and a cup of coffee, you should read this.

FYI, Adam is also starting to really enjoy peek-a-boo, looking at books, and the mirror. I don't think he's too far off from sitting up on his own. Maybe in the next month or so. I took out his 12 month clothes which now fit him. He turns 6 months next week and I'm excited to see how much he weighs.

In a couple of weeks, Brian and I will celebrate 4 years of marriage. We'll be going to Big Bear where we have rented a cabin for a couple days. After this, Brian has a birthday in April which falls on Easter weekend and we're excited to have his parents visit that weekend. In May, we plan to go camping at our favorite site overlooking the ocean. June will bring a trip to San Diego for a friend's wedding. I'm looking forward to all of our get-aways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures, Karen. We've had a few of those wetting experiences ourselves, with our own and now with our grandson (although he has, surprisingly, not used up as many opportunities as he could).
But, lately, just put him standing up in the bath tub and whoosh... Thinking about it, now as I write, maybe that's a good time to try holding a potty in front of him...
It's nice that you can look forward to special activities in the months to com. A big hug, Aunt Betty