Wednesday, June 17, 2009

26 weeks pregnant

Well, shortly after my last post, I became pregnant with our first child. We were given about four different duedates by four different people and I finally pinned the doctor down at our last apt. to give me just one duedate. We went by the latest ultrasound pictures which said September 18th was the big day. If the baby is late, they'll induce me no later than a week after that.

Every week I grow bigger and I wonder how I can get any bigger than I already am, but my belly keeps growing. Brian told me to weigh myself last night and I told him he'd have to see what the scale said because I sure couldn't see it.

We're excited to meet the little one and find out the sex. We've been preparing as best we can and have gotten lots of things at garage sales and off of craigslist. Yesterday, we got a crib and changing table from a craigslist ad and they liked us so much that they threw in a high chair too.

Brian continues working at the paper and took this morning to golf before heading in to work on the double-truck for the laker's celebratory parade.
I've been working three days a week as a nanny still, but my tutoring finished for the summer a couple weeks ago.

In May, I was able to go visit my family in Washington for a quick visit and was even blessed with a baby shower by the ladies up there. It was a special time.

The weather here has been cool and cloudy for the last two weeks, but it seems to be warming up a bit. We don't have the heavy heat yet though, and I'm thankful for that.

No comments: