Hard to believe how time flys. Even though it's still extraordinarily hot here, by the school calendar, summer is gone and it's fall already. We're looking forward to the cooler weather. We got our DWP bill the other day and I think it was the highest we've ever paid. But, that's not the only reason we are ready for cooler weather. It is just fun to start all the social activities and cozy foods and holiday fun. Also, I think in Washington, since it's cool and rainy most of the year, they always cherish the two or three months of summer. But, since, heatwise, it is summer most of the year here, I just really cherish the cooler times. It will be great to see and hear and feel rain again as well. Still, we may have a ways to go before that happens. Typically, it can stay hot here even into October.
We did celebrate labor day with some friends. We went swimming and had barbecued tri-tip that we got from Brian's friend's meat market last time we were in Los Gatos. That was a great time. Our friends, all of them, are so precious to us. What a gift and a blessing Christian friends are in the life of a believer.
Brian has started working at his new position of Senior Editor for Presentation. It has been a stressful transition as he juggles all of his old duties with page one, as well as all kinds of new projects and meetings, etc. Time is a big issue and his new schedule should help him deal with that. He will be doing the front page three days a week and that leaves two days to have a normal 9-5 schedule for his new administrative duties. Another challenge to deal with is a new boss. To say it gracefully, she falls far short of the talents and grace that Brian's old bosses possessed.
I do want to say that one of the nice things about Brian having two days of a "normal" schedule means that we can get involved in a Bible Study on Friday nights. We're really looking forward to that.
I've also been busy working. We've consolidated all of my jobs into three days (tues, wed, thurs) so that those are always long hard days, doing two or three jobs depending on what day it is. Every other Thursday, I leave the house about 7 and get to come home around 9:45 at night. But, thankfully that is only every other week. On the one hand those crammed work days right in a row are tough, but I am really so thankful to have freed up Mondays and Fridays to have the whole day off. I used to have part of the day off and then I had to go up to tutor and it always interrupted things.
On Saturday after seeing a movie, we walked through the mall and finally got new cell phones. We are very happy with them and they are so much newer and sleeker than our old phones. Yea. Brian also got a bluetooth headset and mine will follow one day in the near future.
The other store we stopped at was the sleep number store. Have you ever been in one of those? They sell mattresses that you can adjust with remote control to your level of comfort. They have a unique air-chamber design that adjusts to your body to more properly support your back and spine. It helps reduce uncomfortable pressure points. We've started a mattress fund in our budget to eventually replace our mattress with one of those. I can't wait.
I guess that is all our news. Keep in touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment